At Luxury Hotel Advisors, we specialize in selling hotel properties in what is often referred to as a silent sale. In real estate, the term silent sale refers to a property sale that is not actively marketed or advertised to potential buyers. This type of sale is often used by sellers who want to avoid a lengthy and potentially stressful selling process or by sellers who don’t want to draw attention to their sale. Instead, a silent sale is typically conducted through word-of-mouth or by reaching out to a select group of potential buyers.
Privacy is Important to Many Sellers
It’s important to note that while a silent sale can offer a more private and streamlined selling process, it also has its own set of risks and limitations. For example, the lack of marketing may limit the pool of potential buyers and therefore reduce the chances of a quick sale. Additionally, it is important to work with a real estate professional who can minimize risk of fraud and scams. We believe it is important for all investors to be cautious and seek professional advice when considering a silent sale.
Reasons to Consider a Silent Sale
Some of the more compelling reasons to sell a luxury hotel discretely include:
• Preserving the hotel’s reputation by keeping the sale confidential; the hotel can maintain its image and reputation, which is especially important in the luxury segment.
• Attracting a different pool of buyers who prefer discreet sales; they value privacy and discretion.
• Maintaining guest and travel agent confidence by not allowing the sale to impact the perception of luxury service and operational standards.
• Avoiding employee anxiety.
• Providing the owner with more control over the sale process and ensuring that the property is marketed and sold in a way that meets their specific needs and requirements.
Want to Learn More?
If you are considering changes in your portfolio, let us know if you would like to learn more about silent sales. Our team is currently working with owners in the U.S., Anguilla and St. Maarten and we have contacts around the world. For more information on how Luxury Hotel Advisors can assist with U.S and Caribbean hotel and resort real estate, visit www.luxuryhoteladvisors.com.